Roasted Asparagus Soup
Prep Time: approximately 30 minutes
Servings: 6 - 6 oz. servings
- 2 bunches green scallions or green onions
- 1 ½ pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 5 cm pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 28 oz. chicken broth
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh dill
- ½ cup Coffee Rich®
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F. Trim roots from scallions, cut white parts into 3 cm/1 inch lengths, cut the green parts into 3 cm/1 inch lengths and reserve.
- Place the white parts, the asparagus pieces and onion wedges into a shallow, large roasting pan in an even layer. Drizzle with olive oil and roast uncovered for approximately 15 minutes or until vegetables are charred and tender.
- Put vegetables in soup pan and add chicken-broth.
- Bring to a soft boil.
- Transfer to food processor and puree.
- Transfer back to soup pan. You may use a strainer if no solids are desired.
- Add Coffee Rich® and bring back to soft boil.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Top with green onion tops and dill sprigs for garnish.